University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Concentration in Graphic Design)
UX Interaction Designer,
April 2015 - Present
FIS Global (Formerly SunGard), Charlotte, NC
- Apply UX fundamentals to financial software in order to simplify the process for the user.
- Develop wireframes and mockups using direction from Business Analysts and client interaction.
- Provide feedback to developers and review final output before handing over to QA in order to ensure that the delivered product is easy for the user to interact with and is in line with the original intent.
- Prepare final assets for development and assist with implementation when possible.
February 2015 - April 2015
Belk.com, Charlotte, NC
- Create page layouts and other graphical elements for Belk.com based on current promotions using Protoshare, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Use browser-based applications such as Workfront, Adobe Scene7 and Box to review creative briefs and retrieve/share product photography.
- Constantly monitor current iterations of Belk.com to ensure easy transitions between promotional periods.
- Coordinate with email marketing team to create email campaigns using promotions and analytics.
Digital Experience Producer,
July 2014 - January 2015
Belk.com, Charlotte, NC
- Update and maintain Belk.com and Belk emails using SublimeText2, Exact Target and a variety of proprietary project management systems.
- Collaborate with UX designers, copywriters, digital designers, and merchants every day to transition each change successfully through our Content Management System using Creative Briefs in Zoho and Protoshare.
- Provide redundant QA testing for the site every day in order to avoid costly errors.
Senior Web Designer,
August 2010 - April 2014
Family Dollar, Matthews, NC
- Planned and created the desktop and mobile website as well as email and social media using Adobe CC and Exact Target.
- Maintain website and Sharepoint content management system on a daily basis in order to keep the site up and running.
- Troubleshoot any issues and work with multiple departments to solve problems and create the best customer experience.
January 2005 - November 2009.
Tathwell Printing, Charlotte, NC
- Design brochures, magazines, catalogs, business identities, websites, signage, logos, etc.
- Oversee design from introductory meetings with customers through press approvals and delivery.
- Managed personalized marketing campaigns for the Charlotte Checkers, Charlotte Bobcats and others using XMPie variable data software and digital presses.
September 2001 - January 2005
Southern Shows, Inc., Charlotte, NC
- Designed descriptive and directional signage for exhibitions as well as newspaper and magazine ads, application forms, exhibitor kits, tickets, and coupons.
- Communicated with service bureaus and made decisions on billing and purchasing.
- Assisted the Art Director with design and layout of larger projects.
Thorough knowledge of the following programs/skills:
- Adobe Xd
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Color Correction & Prepress